JOIN THE FAMILY
Weekend Paramedic (El Paso, TX)
NATIONAL AND STATE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED.
Experience: Not a factor
Education: Must have TDSHS Certification
Language: English, Spanish a plus
Requirements: Must have clean driving record
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management, or heart monitoring, during ambulance ride.
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient’s condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs or treatment.
- Immobilize patient for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Communicate with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, or to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Decontaminate ambulance interior following treatment of patient with infectious disease and report case to proper authorities.
- Operate equipment, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), external defibrillators, or bag valve mask resuscitators, in advanced life support environments.